The JAY® Lite wheelchair cushion is an extremely lightweight foam cushion that provides superior pressure distribution, heat and moisture dissipation, and optimal stability in a maintenance free design.
- Symmetrical client requires comfort with minimal weight but mild/moderate postural support
- Mild to moderate lateral and foreward/rearward stability needs
- Moderate risk of skin breakdown
- Able to perform independent weight shifts
- Requires heat and moisture dissipation
Throughout the design process, every component of the JAY Lite cushion was analyzed and developed to create the lowest possible weight. Weighing a mere 0.8 kg, the JAY Lite is the perfect complement to the numerous ultra lightweight aluminium and titanium chairs available in today’s market.The Lite’s foam base is mildly contoured to encourage proper positioning of the pelvis and thighs. A perfect complement to ultra lightweight wheelchairs, its Airflow design provides ventilation and airflow beneath the client. JAY’s engineers used average pelvic bone measurements to determine the shape and size of the Lite’s OptiWell, which distributes weight over a greater area. Cutouts beneath the ischial tuberosities and a reticulated foam insert further minimize pressure to protect the skin from breakdown.